FAUJI FOUNDATION HOSPITAL, RAWALPINDI
FFH Rawalpindi is the first and the largest hospital of the Fauji Foundation health care system. It was inaugurated as a 50-bed TB hospital on 6 Mar 1959 by General Muhammad Ayub Khan, the President of Pakistan. Over the decades, through consistent up gradation, it has turned into a major tertiary care hospital, affiliated with Foundation University Medical College as teaching hospital.
FFH Rawalpindi is now a 740-bed facility, spread over an area of over 42 acres. The hospital provides therapeutic care in almost all major and minor disciplines of medical sciences and a wide range of diagnostic facilities. It provides medical treatment and care in Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Urology, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, Anesthesia, Dentistry, Radiology, Pathology, Plastic Surgery, Nephrology and Neurology.
On the average, the hospital provides health care to 2,540 indoor and 37,061 outdoor patients per month. Two mobile dispensaries operate for peripheral villages and towns around Rawalpindi. During the year 2011-12, nearly 30,477 indoor, 444,740 outdoor patients and 23,536 patients in mobile dispensaries were treated. Overall 14.1 million patients have been treated in this hospital since its opening.
A modern Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Department is functioning since 1 April 2006.
The Diagnostic facilities are being continuously upgraded. The latest addition is of MRI and CT Scan, the installation and commissioning is likely to be completed by end Dec 2012.