Careers - Overview
Project / Location
14 Jun 2013
23 Jun 2013
- A large number of servicemen (from Army, Navy & Air Force) retire every year. After the retirement, majority of the ex-servicemen face prime problem of taking up transition to civil society and reemployment. The “Raison d'être” of the Fauji Foundation is to facilitate the ex-servicemen in their rehabilitation through offering employment opportunities in the Head office and its commercial ventures.
- Strict adherence to the specific job requirements are kept in mind and Welfare & Rehabilitation Directorate (GHQ) is duly involved in the process through nomination based on criteria defined in the Army‘s Selection procedure.
- Other than ex-servicemen, Fauji Foundation and its associated companies, enroll qualified professionals required through advertisement in the newspapers.
- The transparency of the selection criteria helps in achieving excellence in their commercial and industrial ventures.
- The policies mentioned below are subject to change / annulations through revised orders issued from time to time.
Fauji Foundation offers employment opportunities to professionals across various disciplines, such as, Information Technology, Finance, Investment, Engineering, Healthcare and Education. As an equal opportunity employer, Fauji Foundation offers competitive market based pay packages and opportunities for career advancement.
The internship / traineeship program at Fauji Foundation offers opportunities to young graduates and post graduates who are wards of ex-servicemen to put their educational knowledge to practice. Many of the young people go on to obtain good jobs in their respective fields after completing the program. The aim of this program is to provide them hard core training opportunity in relevant / selected fields in order to enhance their market value.
Candidates recommended by universities / colleges are considered for student internship depending on availability of vacancies in respective disciplines. Candidates applying for internship at Fauji Foundation as their career pursuit would have to appear before the selection board.
Three programs are offered :
- Student internships for 8 to 10 weeks.
- Regular internship up to 3 months.
- Traineeship is offered to individuals who have previously completed an internship program with us showing excellent performance and have been recommended by concerned department for “Traineeship”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1 What is the induction procedure for Ex-Service Officer?
- A panel of ex service officers with rank and required qualification/experience is asked from Services Headquarters on creation of vacancy.
- On receipt of panel detailed information with credentials are asked from the officers on prescribed form.
- The Selection Board is constituted to hold interviews. The selected officers are offered appointment with terms and conditions of service contract.
- Maximum employment age limit (capping age) is 57 years.
Q-2 : What is the induction procedure for Civil Officers?
- The vacant posts with relevant information for the applicants are advertised in the press and posted on Fauji Foundation Website.
- On receipt of applications the candidates are short listed keeping in view their qualification/ experience.
- The Selection Board is constituted to hold test/interviews. The selected candidates are offered appointments with terms and conditions of service contract.
- The ex-servicemen of all the three services (Army, PAF and Pakistan Navy) are registered upon receipt of applications commensurating their qualification / experience and eligibility. Their seniority is reckoned from date of retirement. After scrutiny of documents the name of applicant is included in the waiting list.
- On creation of vacancies the individuals are called for test / interviews. The selection board is constituted to ascertain their suitability for the job as per prescribed criteria.
- Only selected individuals are offered the appointments as per terms and conditions of Fauji Foundation service as and when the vacancy commensurating to their qualification/eligibility is occurred.
- The ex-servicemen are selected in various categories viz clerks, para-medical staff, drivers, chowkidars / darogahs, telephone operators, electrician, storekeepers etc.
The wards of ex-servicemen are offered job opportunities in Fauji Foundation. They are inducted in prescribed slots like Lab Asst (School), Computer Lab Asst, Data Controller, Receptionist, Electrician, Plumber etc as per following procedure:-
Q-4: What is the induction procedure for Beneficiaries?
- Upon receipt of application, candidate is registered in the respective category as per prescribed criteria. His seniority is reckoned from date of apply. The name of applicant is included in waiting list.
- On creation of vacancies he is called on his turn as per waiting list for test/interview before the Selection Board which ascertains his suitability.
- The selected beneficiary is offered appointment in accordance with terms and conditions of the Fauji Foundation service upon creation of vacancy.
They are employed as Ayas and Sanitary Workers in various Fauji Foundation Projects. The induction procedure is as under:-
Q-5 : What is the induction procedure for Wives/Widows/Daughters of Ex-Servicemen?
- Upon receipt of application the candidate is registered as per laid down criteria. District-wise list is maintained as per merit which is based on the points system.
- On creation of vacancy the applicant hailing from respective districts is offered appointment in accordance with the terms and conditions of Fauji Foundation service.
- Capping age for applying for the job is 48 years.
- Vacancies distribution is made as per following share:-
- Widows - 65%
- Wives - 25%
- Daughters - 10%
Yes, disabled/war wounded are given their due share in induction. The procedure is:-
- Upon receipt of application the candidate is registered and upon creation of vacancy, employed on various light duties such as chowkidar/darogah etc.
- A separate waiting list is maintained for disabled/war wounded.
- The percentage of vacancies for various categories is:-
- War wounded disabled - 70%
- Disabled other than war - 30%
- The remaining selection criteria is same as for ex servicemen.
Human Resource & Admin Division
Director Human Resource & Admin Division
Security & Coord
Sr Manager Security & Coord
Real Estate Deptt
Sr Manager Real Estate
Central Procurement Org
General Manager Central Procurement Org
General Manager Engineering
Sr Manager Administration